Saturday, April 5, 2014

Kitchen Update

Four years ago I posted this picture of my kitchen, along with my plans for a light reno involving paint, some new hardware, light fixtures and flooring.


Things happen slowly in this house and it's taken that long for me to get around to putting those plans into action. Last Monday I finally started emptying out the cupboards and on Tuesday night I started to paint. 

It's not finished yet. It's not even half finished, but I thought I'd stop in and let you know what I've been up to this week...and probably most of next week. It's a big job! I won't bore you with the details, but basically everything needs a coat of paint from top to bottom. 

So here are a few pics to tide you over. Follow me on Instagram for daily updates on the reno! I'm posting pics there while I work. 



Our house was built in 1976 and this kitchen is original and as you can imagine needs some love. This is a before of one of the cupboard interiors.



Here is how my kitchen looks as I write this post. Two coats of primer on the cupboards (a painter friend told me two coats of primer instead of one would help my actual paint go on better) and ready for paint. 



I'll be sure to post some after pictures when I'm finished!


Have a great weekend!

Lisa.

2 comments:

  1. ooo this looks similar to what I want to do to our kitchen! We have darker sort of cabinet doors too and I am picturing them cream, to lighten the whole room up. Can't wait to see your finished pictures! P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very exciting!!! That's true about the primer, I believe. My grandpa has said it many times and I've done it when we've painted, with great results. I hope everything goes smoothly for you with this cool kitchen reno.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...