Sunday, October 27, 2013

Outfits: Finally Fur

I always get excited for fall dressing. Cozy, warm layers and especially fur. I'm not picky either, I'll take faux or the real deal.

This cardigan happens to be of the faux fur variety. It is an oldie, but a goodie. I bought it new from Ricki's when I was in university and even though it's fallen out of rotation from time to time I've never ever been able to give it away. It's a great example of high street fashion mimicking great vintage style.


It's starting to get noticeably dark here much earlier and I'm so glad I opted to paint my dressing room white. It's making taking outfit photos indoors much easier at night.  






50's Cat Eye Glasses: were Grandma Cotton's 
Faux Fur Collar Pink Cardigan: Ricki's
Rhinestone Key Brooch: Rhymes with Orange
Black Jersey Dress: Buffalo
Black Plaid Tights: Ricki's 
40's Black Suede Peep Toe Slingbacks: Vintage Glory
Best Purse in the Entire World (goes with freakin' everything!): thrifted, Value Village

Need more daily outfit inspiration from Butterflies and Daisys? Follow me on Instagram! I post there almost daily!


Lisa.xo

6 comments:

  1. I am hoping to find an embroidered purse like yours soooon I love the description for it I would think it goes with everything! I might also have to break down and buy a vintage pair of frames online I love your glasses every time I see them, finding some locally hasn't panned out for me. Keep up the fantastic outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that purse for $7 at VV. And can you believe I debated whether I should buy it or not?! Out of everything in my wardrobe it easily gets the most use. Good luck in your search! You'll find one! :)

      As for my glasses, I lucked out with them being my grandmothers and already owning them. I know what you mean though, finding a vintage pair that are the right size is tricky. Just for reference (and I realize that everyone's face is different, therefore requiring different sized glasses) mine are 5" across the top and the lenses are 2" deep.
      Don't forget to try the antique stores!

      Lisa.

      Delete
  2. I love your glasses!!! So adorable! I wish I could pull a pair like that off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think anyone can pull off vintage frames. They're kinda like a bold hat - you've just got to be confident.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  3. That is such a terrifically pretty, chic, sweetly glamorous cardigan - the fact that the body of it is also dusty rose, my favourite colour of all time, just makes me love it all the more. You look marvelous in it, honey! I've been reaching for the fur (likewise, faux and real) lately either, as we've been having an unseasonably chilly autumn around these parts, and I'm especially grateful for the vintage fur trimmed Persian lamb's wool-esque (circa 1960s) coat I bought from a local second hand dealer at a yard sale this past summer. It's keeping me snug as a bug in a rug now on our evening trips to the dog park (which is exposed on all sides and gets lots of wind).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! The colour reminds me of my childhood bedroom - which was painted a dusty rose pink. It's such a flattering colour.
      I can't wait to see your vintage winter coat on your blog! I'm always buying vintage winter coats in the dead of summer! Girl after my own heart! :)

      Lisa.

      Delete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...